13.8.09

How the tarot works

If you look through the vast tarot literature, you will find all sorts of interpretations on how the tarot works and why it is possible to use it as a divination tool. What I have to say right now is - the tarot does not predict future. If you want to know when you are going to get married, the tarot is not going to give you the date. However, it can give you an insight into the current relationship, pinpoint problem spots, and offer solutions. I understand the tarot as a mirror through which I can see the truth about myself, if I chose to open my eyes, of course.
Some tarot readers approach tarot with a great deal oh mysticism. Some write it all off to chance. Others still don't know how it works, they just know that it does. And yet there are those who tried it for a short period of time, saw no immediate results, and claimed it being a bogus.

I believe that when I receive a message through pulling a particular card, it comes from that source of wisdom that is universal. I picture it as a giant interactive information field surrounding our planet that goes far beyond, yet invisible to human eye. I do not consider myself religious. However, I was born into the family of Russian orthodox Christians. We tend to believe that each person has a guardian angel (or even several of them), a guide in the world of Spirit, who helps us quietly in our mundane life, stirs us into certain directions. This relationship is ever present but our conscious tends to ignore it. Talking about intuition! I am pretty sure everyone have experienced it, and not once. But since we cannot reasonably explain it, we just shake it off as some sort of spook.

Some people call these entities the soul, the super conscious, the higher self, or the inner guide. Some tend to believe that there are separate Tarot Guides who favor those holding the deck. It doesn't matter what you call them, really. It's important to know that the guide can help you tune into that universal information field and draw out the information you seek. Sounds easy?

Not so fast. When was the last time you actually asked for help and guidance from your Higher Self? Have you done this, EVER? Since you are already on this page and in the process of reading this line, I may guess you asked. You probably suspect that there is something bigger than a human brain. You probably experienced quite a few encounters which you can't rationalize, but cannot write off to coincidence either.

Anyways, it's just a thought. I believe that every time I reach for the deck, I signal to my guide that I am ready to receive the missing pearls of wisdom. I open the door and let him (or her, or them) in. I want them to provide information in symbols that I have capacity to understand. That's what the tarot is - a huge set of symbols refined through generations of readers - a pathway to knowledge that you can't fit into your conscious.

Some people do not need the cards to access Higher Wisdom. We usually call them psychics, mediums, clairvoyants, etc. The tarot cards can help you until you reach your guide on your own. In the beginning I would suggest not to concentrate on all that psychic hip. Just play with the cards, and have fun! Everything will come with practice.

Technorati Tags:
, , , , , ,